All reports within Pontem Software products can be printed to multiple file formats. This enables sharing of report documentation with auditors, board/council members or co-workers via email, disk media, and CD.
- Once a report has been selected to run, a ‘Report Progress’ window will appear, showing the total number of records included in the report, and the records being processed to compile the report.
- Once the report is compiled, a ‘Print Preview’ window appears, displaying the first page of the report.
- Verify the report contains the desired information. Then click the Printer icon in the Menu Bar to display the ‘Print’ window.
Print to File
- In the lower-left corner of the ‘Print’ window click on the checkbox labeled Print to File. Click the ‘Type’ drop-down menu and choose the desired file type.
- NOTE: File types available include Rich Text (for Microsoft® Word®), Excel®, HTML, .csv, .txt, .pdf, image formats, and more.
- You must enter a name for the report. Click on the '...' button to the right of the ‘Where’ field to display a ‘Save As’ window.
- Click on the Save In drop-down menu to choose the drive and folder where you want to save the file. Enter a ‘File Name,’ for example: “Master Vendor List June 2005,” then click the Save button.
- The ‘Print’ window will now display the name of the file, and path where the file will be saved.
- Click the OK button to save the report to file.
NOTE: ‘Printing a Report to a File’ will not print the report on paper, only to the file you have specified.