Select the Check
- Click Manage Checks in Primary Task box in the upper left corner.
- In the Quick Search box in the lower left corner, fill in the information that will narrow down your search. Be sure to set the Status: = Open or All and click Search. Using the Advanced filter option search for a check number or check number range.
- Double click the check to be voided to go to the detail view
- Or single click the check and click the light blue toggle bar at the top of the workspace.
Void the Check
- Click the Void Check button at the top left of the workspace.
- Select one of the three void options.
- Void Check and Reissue - The name and amount of check are correct, but the check is spoiled or the number is incorrect.
- You will be prompted to enter a new check number and check date.
- Void Check, Leaving Voucher Open – Use this option if you need to make a change to the name, amount, or ledger account. These changes must be made on the voucher. Once the voucher is corrected process the check as normal.
- Void Check and Void Voucher – This choice will void the check and the voucher. The original transactions will be reversed in the GL system by this transaction.
- The G/L Transaction Date: is the date the void is recorded in the General Ledger. This will usually be the same date as the check or voucher.
- The Transaction Date: is set after the warning message in Pontem AP.
- You will need to acknowledge the warning message. Click Yes.