Select the Receipt
- Click the Manage Receipts in Primary Task box in the upper- left corner.
- Click the New button.
- Select the Department receiving the money.
- Enter or select Receipt Date.
- The Transaction Date is only available when posting receipts directly to GL. Use this to set the date as the ‘General Ledger Transaction date.’
- Choose the Payer name from the Payer list, or type in a new name. This field can also be left blank.
- Enter the address if this is a new Payer.
- Enter the Quick Code if appropriate. Otherwise, skip this step.
- In the Transactions Tab enter the Transaction Code appropriate for the money received.
- Verify the Qty, Description, and Amount. You can adjust these amounts as necessary, as long as they are not already calculated in the Transaction Code.
- Enter a Memo if desired for this line.
- Add additional transaction codes or remove codes by using the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ at the bottom of the tab window.
- The Notes Tab allows you to add any comments or notes too large for the memo fields on the Transactions Tab.
- The Void Reason field keeps a record of the reason for voiding the receipt.
- The Document Nbr field allows an entry for tracking other documents associated with this receipt.
GL Preview Tab
- The GL Preview Tab lets you review the GL accounts to be affected by the Transaction Codes selected.
- To see all accounts affected by the entry make sure the Adjust Preferences | User Config | Options | Other Options | Show advanced GL account entries is checked.
NOTE: While in the GL Preview Tab no adjustments can be made. All changes must take place on the Transactions Tab.
- The appropriate Payment Method must be selected. Additional methods can be added as needed.
- By default the Total Cash box is filled in with the total amount listed in the Transactions Tab.
- If only one check is tendered, type the number in the Check Numbers box. The amount is automatically transferred to the Check(s) Amount box.
- If cash and a check are tendered, enter the amount of the check and the difference will automatically be entered in the ‘Total Cash’ box.
- If multiple checks are received, click the ‘…’ button at the right of the Check Numbers box.
- Enter the check numbers and the amount of the checks.
- After all the checks are entered click the OK button.
- Click Save at the bottom-right of the screen to save the receipt. You can also Cancel the receipt at any time if desired.
- In Adjust Preferences, set the program to automatically print the receipt, present you with the option to print, or ignore printing when the Save button is selected.
- Any time after a receipt is saved, the Print Receipt button can be used as a shortcut to print additional copies of the receipt at any time.
- The Print Endorsement button will work with an endorsement printer to print the assigned information on the back of the check received. The information is determined in the Edit |Adjust Preferences | Options screen.
- Please keep in mind, receipts can be edited up until the time they are deposited in the bank (unless set otherwise in ‘Adjust Preference’s).
- From the Manage Receipts List or Detail views, select or view the details of the receipt you wish to edit.
- Click the Edit button at the top of the window.
- When finished making changes, click the Save button in the bottom-right corner.