To terminate or deactivate an employee in the Pontem PR program, please follow these steps.
- Open Pontem PR program and login with your regular user credentials
- In the Primary Task box click on Manage Employees
- Select the employee to be terminate or deactivated
- Click the Edit Employee button
- Enter the Termination date on the right side of the window
- Click the checkbox next to Active to remove the check mark
- Click the Save button at the bottom right of the window
The employee now has a termination date for unemployment reporting, and has been deactivated so they will no longer show in the list of employees, unless filtered for.
The create W2's process will generate a W2 for inactive employees, so there is no need to wait until the end of the year to deactivate them, or go back and reactivate them for W2's.
If you had additional questions or need further assistance, please use the "Submit a request" link at the top of this page or call the Pontem Help Desk at 888.237.8531