1. Select Process Checks to view a list of vouchers to be paid.
2. If vouchers are listed for multiple Check Dates, filter the list of vouchers to include a single Check Date using the Quick Search tool.
3. The total amount to be paid for all vouchers in the list is presented at the bottom of the workspace.
4. Click on Prepare Checks to proceed.
5. A window will pop up confirming the PR Bank Account, the Next Check# and Next Direct Deposit#, and Effective date for any direct deposit for the batch of vouchers selected.
6. Confirm the information in the window. If you need to change the Next Check# or Next Direct Deposit#, click Change Check# and enter the correct number.
7. Click Prepare/Create Check(s). At this point, checks will be created and the view will change to the Manage Checks work space displaying your Unprinted Checks.
8. Click on the Print Checks button to proceed.
Changing a Check Number
To change the number of a previously printed check requires voiding the printed check and reissuing a new check. See online help for Quick Step Guide – Voiding Payroll Checks.
Review \ Print Unprinted Checks
After selecting Prepare/Create Check(s) from Process Checks, the check(s) created will automatically display as an Unprinted Check(s).
1. To print your check(s), click the Print Unprinted Checks button.
2. A window will display confirming the Bank Account Code for the checks to be printed and a confirmation of the next check #.
3. Load your checks in your printer if you have not already done so.
4. The program will present you with a window to ‘Enter Check Message’. This message will be printed on each check stub. Enter a message, if desired, and click the OK button.
5. Your checks will display in the Print Preview, allowing you to view them before printing.
6. Click the ‘Printer Icon’ to proceed. Review the printer settings for this print job.
7. Click the OK button to print the check.
8. After the checks have printed, their status will change to “Open”, and will no longer appear in the Review/Print Unprinted Checks view. However, they will appear in the Clear Printed Checks view.
Note: The Pontem Payroll program offers several different check templates to accommodate varying check styles. Prior to printing checks, the template matching your check form must be assigned to the Print Checks button in the ‘Reports Preferences’.